Wednesday 17 January 2018

Eggplant in garlic

Eggplant is favourite vegetable. I try and cook it at least once a week, even though I am the only one who eats it at home. Today's recipe is a no frills recipe, it is a simple dish and I cook it very often. I do make eggplant with spices but that is an occasional treat for me. For an everyday meal I prefer this preparation.

Ingredients:
  1. Eggplant - 200 gms
  2. Garlic - 3 fat cloves
  3. Salt and pepper - as needed
  4. Oil - as needed
Method:
  1. Wash and cut the eggplant into three inch pieces (lengthwise)
  2. Finely chop garlic.
  3. Heat oil in a pan, add the garlic and fry for a minute.
  4. Add the eggplant, salt and pepper. Stir fry for a minute and then cook on slow flame for 8 - 10 minutes, or till done. 
Alternately, you could marinate the egg plant in all the mentioned ingredients and grill till done.

No comments:

Post a Comment