Wednesday 22 November 2017

White chutney for dosa

This week's recipe is an accompaniment for dosas. I started making this when I moved to Cebu and started cooking dosas regularly. I wanted a quick chutney that didn't require a lot of effort. I came up with this recipe and after a couple of adjustments the first few times, I can say it has been perfected.

Last week I posted the recipe of dosas, and after that I posted the recipe of the potato bhaji that goes so well with it and today I am posting the recipe for a chutney that accompanies the dosa and bhaji and completes it.

Ingredients:
  1. Coconut - 1/2 cup
  2. Ginger - 1/2 inch piece
  3. Green chilies - 2 nos
  4. Tamarind - 2 to 3 small bits or 1/2 tbsp paste
  5. Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
  6. Onion - 1/2 of a small one
  7. Salt
Tempering:
  1. Oil - 2 tbsp
  2. Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
  3. Curry leaves - a few
Method:
  1. Grind all the ingredients mentioned under ingredients to a coarse paste using very little water.
  2. In a pan, heat oil and temper mustard seeds, when they stop crackling add the curry leaves.
  3. Then add the ground paste and mix well. Bring the chutney to a boil and let it cook on medium flame for about two minutes. You will need to keep stirring it.
  4. Serve with hot dosas.

No comments:

Post a Comment