Wednesday 18 October 2017

Curd and Pepper fried Chicken

Today's post is a dish I prepared many years ago (about 12 years) trying to imitate a fried chicken preparation from a local restaurant. I believe it was called dahi chicken. I have the fondest memories associated with this dish as it was an instant hit with everyone, including the first time I tried it, just based on the flavours I identified from the time I tasted it. And back then I was an occasional cook, which means I cooked about four to five times a year. And yet this dish turned out awesome! I don't know of anyone who has eaten it and not loved it instantly. And the best part is like most of my recipes, this one is so easy to put together, it might actually surprise you. It's a great recipe for beginners as it can be put together with few ingredients and is easy to cook. If you're trying to impress folks with your culinary skills this is a safe recipe to try. You can't go wrong with it.

Ingredients:
  1. Chicken on the bone - 500 gms
  2. Curd - 1/2 cup
  3. Ginger garlic paste - 1and half tbsp
  4. Freshly ground pepper - 1/2 tsp
  5. Salt - as required
  6. Oil - as required
Method:
  1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, except oil. Let the chicken marinate for minimum two hours.
  2. Pour oil in a pan and shallow fry the chicken pieces till its done. The cooking time will differ based on the cut and size of the chicken pieces used. Use your discretion.
  3. After all the pieces are fried, remove them from the pan. In the hot pan pour the remaining marinade. Let it come to a boil, simmer it for about a minute or two, when the marinade turns brownish in colour, take it off the flame and pour over the chicken pieces.
  4. Serve hot as starters or as a snack with drinks.
Notes:
  • I personally prefer to use chicken legs and thighs for this preparation. I would suggest, avoid using boneless chicken for this dish.
  • Use pepper as per your spice tolerance.

No comments:

Post a Comment